Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Other Plants

I’ve been so focused on the fact that I have iris flowers blooming that I have neglected to mention the progress of my other plants, the peace lilies and the torch lilies.

DSCN0550

This is the a picture of the largest peace lily plant I have so far. I have about five peace lily plants, and they are all doing pretty well. I can’t wait for them to get big enough to bloom. The peace lilies have the most beautiful white flowers.

DSCN0542

I don’t have a really good picture of the torch lilies. I have about 20 bulbs, and only 4 of them haven’t sprouted yet. The others are doing surprisingly well. Their leaves look a lot like the iris leaves, so you may not be able to pick them out in this picture, but the plant that is on the top left hand corner of this picture is the beginnings of a torch lily.

Hopefully all these plants will flower before we move in April. Thankfully, things will bloom all year round here if you give them what they need, so I’m pretty confident that by the time we leave, my flower garden will be in full bloom!

And did I mention that I’m taking all my plants with me when I leave? I need to start researching how to move bulbs and rhizomes (the iris is actually a rhizome, not a bulb, did you know that?)

No comments:

Post a Comment